As part of enrolling your practitioner population with Axuall - we'll need to send a few emails directly to them. We've put together a small primer on different approaches we can take to ensure these emails get to your practitioners.
- We use a dedicated IP for all outgoing communication.
- We have a published DMARC TXT record at
- We apply DKIM and SPF signatures to all outgoing correspondence.
We use MXToolbox to ensure a strong sender reputation.
To ensure emails sent by Axuall, via SendGrid, are appropriately delivered, customers may choose to whitelist or relay received emails.
- Whitelists / Spam Filters: All emails are sent from dedicated IPs. These may be used to identify email traffic sent by Axuall
- Emails relayed through Health System SMTP server
Note: In some cases - health systems prefer to route practitioner correspondence through their SMTP relays.
Please reach out to the Implementation Team for additional support.
Updated 4 months ago