When dealing with large volumes of clinician data - a batch file based interaction may be preferable. In these scenarios we can facilitate data sharing via files on an Axuall hosted SFTP drive. Setting this up is easy - it requires the generation of an RSA-4096 bit key - and the sharing of the public key with the Axuall team. Once shared - our team can provision access to an account specific drive.
Below we outline the steps for the generation of SSH keys and connection to our SFTP servers:
Open your preferred terminal app.
Type in the following command to generate your SSH key.
ssh-keygen -t rsa -b 4096 -C "[email protected]"
Based on your preferences - choose the name and a secure passphrase for the file.
- Download PuttyGenand follow the instructions therein to generate a public/private key pair, and to save the generated public/private keys.
- Share the public key (
*.pub) from the above process with the Axuall team:
- After you have sent the public key, we will create a SFTP account for you, and provide you with the username to login.
- Download a SFTP client - FileZilla Client is a popular option.
From the top menu, select File -> Site Manager...
- Protocol: SFTP
- Logon Type: Key file
- User: Username will be provided after the SFTP Account Creation step
- Key file: The location of the
id_rsafile that you created during SSH key generation
You should now be able to connect and see your directory, and also be able to upload files.
Updated 7 months ago